Labels

Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Vain in Me

totally feels like home!
I have been exploring the JLT area for a salon worthy of my purse for almost a year now. I had experienced the good and the bad, but one thing for sure...they are all expensive (probably due to the premises). 

It was like high and low tide... sometimes I do get lucky finding a good one but burns a deep hole in my pocket. I have been burned badly (thank you to the inexperienced staff of a salon somewhere in Cluster U) and had a haircut by someone who belongs to the 70's (imagine long tail on an apple cut!!!

accidentally found iSpa last Thursday when I was looking for an exit to the basement to have a pre-dinner tea at Cafe Julie in JLT.

My reaction?

It was like love at first sight (or maybe my eyes caught the glossy highlights of the receptionist and the inviting music spilling over the corridor of One Lake Plaza). As the saying goes, first impression lasts.

Boasting an all-white and silver grey themed furniture and gauzy white curtain, it was a simple version of heaven on earth. Fresh colorful flowers tastefully encased in artsy vases sparsely scattered across some side table and entryway, it has "class" and "homey" written all over the place.

The Filipina staff were friendly and to top it all... they do home service!!! I had my hair color with a slight twist this time, I added highlights too and the outcome was very enchanting (yes...I am totally enchanted with my dear old self). They use L'oreal  products so my heart was not pumping nervously during the entire process. Did I mention that they also offer drinks? Tea... I must have!!!!

Friday...I went back for mani/pedi (no polish please...) and I love the way they buffed my nails. I almost sang the nursery song:

I have two hands the left and the right...Hold them up high so clean and bright!  Clap them softly ...One, two, three! Clean little hands are good to see!!!

This coming Tuesday... I'm totally up for a keratin treatment... did I mention that the price is very friendly to an ample-salaried employee??? Plus, bring 3 friends and you are in for a AED200 worth of services? 

I know... you can say it now,  my dear....It's TOTALLY AWESOMEEEEEE !!!!

(Disclaimer: I am not friends with the owner neither am I paid to advertise iSpa and customer's feedback might differ from mine...however, I am just gleefully sharing my total satisfaction with them whether you like it or not!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages